I made these on a whim today with my 3 year old. Everything has to have sprinkles on it so of course…sprinkles it is all over these tasty bars! I used PC brand Natural Smooth Peanut Butter but you can use any kind of peanut butter you like. Comment below if you try them out!
Chewy Coconut Granola Bars with Sprinkles
- Makes about 20 bars (depending on how big you cut them)
- Active time: 20 min
- Total time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup nuts (pecans, cashews or almonds)- I used cashews
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan melt together the coconut oil, honey, peanut or almond butter, salt and ginger stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. Pour the warm coconut oil mixture over the oats and stir together to combine.
- Pour mixture into a parchment-lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with extra coconut, mini chocolate chips and sprinkles if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Use the parchment to remove the bar from the dish and cut into squares or bars. Store bars, separated with parchment, in the fridge. Can be stored for up to 2 weeks.