Christmas Cookie Swap! More than 100 Treat to Share this Holiday Season
I’ve never actually organized a cookie swap before but if I do in the future I think I would probably make every single cookie in this book…and eat them all before swapping time!
With over 100 tasty treats packed in this adorable book I don’t even know where to begin! Spritz Cookies, Iced Cookies, Filled Cookies, you name it, it’s in there. The book is divided into the following chapters:
- Cookies for Santa
- Decorated Cookies
- Christmas Classics
- Brownies and Bars
Also included is a small section on Christmas cookie basics, tips on assembling a cookie platter (super cute!) and metric equivalents. The recipes are SUPER easy to follow and directions are short and simple. The ingredients are also very accessible and easy to find at your local superstore. Each recipe begins with a short description of the particular cookie as well as a picture of the cookie (yes! Love it). If you’re a cookie junkie like me, you will love this book to pieces and it’s a must have in your baking library.
Some of my favourite recipes:
- Pretzel-Toffee-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Coconut Macadamia Shortbread
- Snickerdoodle Spritz Cookies
- Maple-Praline Cookies
- Chocolate-Dipped Pecan Shortbread Squares
- Hazelnut and Brown Butter Biscotti
- Hidden Kiss Cookies
- Frosted Mocha Espresso Brownies
- German Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Pretzel Bites
And so many more!!!
I managed to recreate the Pretzel Toffee Blondies and they were deee-licious! Perfectly salty and sweet and they were a huge hit at work. Check out the recipe below and if you make them, let me know how it goes and post below!
PRETZEL-TOFFEE BLONDIES (pic below)
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Makes: 16 Blondies
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 22 small pretzel twists, chopped
- 12 chocolate-covered small pretzel twists, chopped
- 4 (1.4oz) bars chocolate-covered English toffee candy, chopped (I used Skor)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Stir together the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl with a spoon until blended. Add the vanilla, salt, and egg; stir with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in the flour until blended. Stir in the pretzels and toffee candy. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 24 to 26 minutes or until set and a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered.
All opinions and thoughts in this blog post are 100% my own. A huge thank you to Time Inc Books for generously sending over a copy of Christmas Cookie Swap! in exchange for an honest review. Christmas Cookie Swap! is available to Amazon.ca for the current price of $23.68 CAD.